Organized by the Geneva Wizards, Talampaya is one of Europe’s longest-running mixed ultimate frisbee tournaments.
(Voir cette page en FRANCAIS)
Dates and venue
Talampaya 2023 will take place on 27 – 29 May 2023 at the usual venue, Centre sportif de Vessy, Geneva, Switzerland. Join us for 3 days of ultimate and fun!
Two divisions at Talampaya 2023
Talampaya 2023 will have two divisions: “Elite” and “Ultimate Lover”. Why? To guarantee a maximum of games between well-matched teams.
The “Elite” division is for national teams and elite club teams, for example that have/will take part in major international championships like EUC 2023.
The “Ultimate Lover” division is for everybody that wants to come and have fun playing competitive ultimate.
After the initial round of pool play, there will be crossover games between the divisions.
Teams should indicate their preference for the “Elite” or “Ultimate Lover” division at the time of registration. The organizers reserve the right to decide which division a team will be placed in.
Registration is open. Register online now via this Google Form!
Here’s the process:
- First you “register” via the Google Form
- Then we send you an e-mail to say that we have received your registration.
- Then you “confirm” your spot, by paying the Team fee and seven Player fees.
- After we receive payment, we will send you an e-mail confirming your spot.
The maximum number of teams at Talampaya 2023 is 24 teams. Depending on registrations, the divisions may be split 12+12 or 8+16 teams.
After 24 teams have confirmed, any team that registers will be put on the “waiting list”.
The list of “registered”, “confirmed” and “waiting list” teams will be updated regularly on the Talampaya Facebook page.
Register and pay early to guarantee your spot!
For all questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Team fee and player fees
- Team fee: CHF 200 per team
- Player fee: CHF 70 per person
- Non-Player / Guest fee: CHF 50 per person
- 3 April: Registration closes
- 15 April: Final payment deadline (Team fee CHF 200 + 7 Player fees)
- 30 April: Payment of remaining Player fees
- 5 May: Sending all player info
Payments should preferably be made in Swiss francs (CHF).
For teams that want to pay in Euros (EUR), please contact the organizers to check the EUR amount before making the payment. We will use the UBS currency converter to get the correct rate.
During Talampaya, please bring Swiss francs if you can! We can exchange Euros for Swiss francs at a fixed rate.
IBAN: CH96 0024 0240 4226 8341 N
- Account name: Geneva’s Flying Disk Wizards
- Bank: UBS
- BIC: UBSWCHZH80A
- Account address: Geneva’s Flying Disk Wizards, 1200 Genève, Switzerland
Cancellations / Reimbursements
If a team has to cancel, please inform email@example.com as soon as possible. Any payments teams have made will be reimbursed in the following way.
- 1 May: 100% of Team fee and 100% of Player fees are reimbursed
- 15 May: 50% of Team fee and 50% of Player fees are reimbursed
- 2 June: 0% of Team fee and 0% of Player fees are reimbursed (except Covid-related – see below)
The organizers will follow all of the requirements from the Swiss and Geneva authorities.
Check here for Covid pages from the Swiss Confederation (in English) and the Canton de Genève (in French) Teams coming from outside Switzerland should check carefully the rules about entry into Switzerland.
If Talampaya 2022 has to be cancelled by the organizers due to changes in rules by the Swiss and Geneva authorities, all Team and Player fees received will be reimbursed.
If a team has to cancel its participation due to changes in Covid rules in their country, all Team and Player fees will be reimbursed upon receipt of appropriate justification.
If one or more players have to cancel their participation at the last minute because they need to quarantine or isolate due to Covid, the Player fee will be reimbursed upon receipt of appropriate justification.
For any Covid-related changes, please inform the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
What you get
The Player fee includes:
- On-site camping
- Breakfast on Saturday, Sunday and Monday
- Dinner on Saturday and Sunday
- Entertainment on Saturday and Sunday evenings
- Access to showers and locker rooms
- Player gift
- 3 days of ultimate frisbee!
On-site camping is included in the Player fee. Bring your tent!
No other accommodation options are provided by the organizers.
The address is Centre sportif de Vessy, Route de Vessy 29, 1234 Vessy. Here’s a Google Map.
From the airport
It takes about 50 minutes to get from the airport to the Talampaya venue by public transport. There are various options and routes.
Pick up a free 60 minute ticket from the TPG ticket machine just before you exit the luggage reclaim area.
We encourage teams to come to Geneva by train when possible. It takes about 35 minutes to get from the Cornavin train station to the Talampaya venue by public transport.
Take the 11 or 21 bus. Get off the bus at the “Bout du Monde” stop, then walk about 10 minutes. Check the TPG.ch web site for route planners and timetables.
There is limited car parking available at the venue.
We aim to make Talampaya 2022 the most environmentally-conscious edition ever. We’re counting on your help. More details to follow.